[Insight-users] enhancing plate like structures (by modifying itkHessianSmoothed3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter)

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Fri Sep 7 10:41:14 EDT 2012

Dear Luca,

Thanks for looking into this. It seems that the reason I got exactly the
same results for dim 1 or 2 was related to an older ITK installation
(3.16) on a machine that has a lot of RAM. When I tried it on a PC with
itk 3.20.1 with a smaller dataset I got different results for dim 1 or 2
which look as expected.
Now I have to play around with the parameters a bit. I'll use
vmtkobjectenhancement for this.

Again, many thanks for looking into this and Your contribution
Roman