[Insight-users] help for Registration

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:36:07 EDT 2012

i agree with mohammad's comments.

you can use v4 registration to do either the geometric or
intensity-based approach.

relevant v4 classes:

./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkLabeledPointSetToPointSetMetricv4.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkManifoldParzenWindowsPointSetFunction.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkJensenHavrdaCharvatTsallisPointSetToPointSetMetricv4.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkEuclideanDistancePointSetToPointSetMetricv4.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkJointHistogramMutualInformationComputeJointPDFThreaderBase.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkPointSetToPointSetMetricv4.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkExpectationBasedPointSetToPointSetMetricv4.h
./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/include/itkPointSetFunction.h

i would recommend starting with:

tkEuclideanDistancePointSetToPointSetMetricv4.h

this test may help guide your work:

./Modules/Registration/Metricsv4/test/itkEuclideanDistancePointSetMetricRegistrationTest.cxx

as well as the more basic tests.

brian