[Insight-users] help for Registration

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:16:10 EDT 2012

hi massi

now that i've seen your data ( always valuable in registration to know
some details ) , i'd recommend meshing your pet image s.t. you can
then do a somewhat standard point set registration.

to get the mesh , you can do :

threshold the pet image with a basic threshold or use ITK-snap to
interactively get the mask

anti-alias the binary image

./Modules/Filtering/AntiAlias/include/itkAntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.h

run marching cubes to mesh the output of the above filter

pass the point set from the marching cubes filter to one of the point
set metrics.

same thing for the .mesh image you already have.

you may need to provide an initialization to make sure the
orientations of the objects are similar.    and/or use known
landmarks.

brian