[Insight-users] ITK and orthogonality

Youssef Taleb youssef.taleb at telecom-sudparis.eu
Sun Sep 16 11:41:05 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have some issues to read a rigid transform from a .mat file into ITK and apply it to a NIFTI image.

First, I read the rotation matrix and store it in a MatrixType object. Same thing with the translation ( with an OutputVectorType).
The reading is done without problems.

Then the parameters are used in a Rigid3DTransform object. This type requires an orthogonal rotation matrix if I use the SetMatrix method. And this is where the error occurs. When I launch the program, ITK says :

"itk::ERROR: Rigid3DTransform(0x26d0300): Attempting to set a non-orthogonal rotation matrix"

But the rotation matrix IS orthogonal. I have checked it. Here it is:

-0.049716 -0.80244 0.594658
-0.8522 0.344577 0.393729
-0.52085 -0.487193 -0.70097

Can anyone help me with this?