[Insight-users] save .mhd file in .vtk format Keeping RGB values

shirani kannangara mangalika673 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 03:23:40 EDT 2012

Dear Aloex

Thanis a lot for your help. I prepared my codes as you direct me.I could
build the programe with zero errors(but one warning).The output displayed
in the comand window as follows.My codes are also given bellow.Can you help
to correct this problem.

D:\rgbabdomen\Debug>RGBPixel.exe
Error reading the series

itk::ImageFileReaderException (01ACE970)
Location: "void __thiscall itk::ImageFileReader<class itk::Image<class
itk::RGBP
ixel<unsigned char>,3>,class itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<class
itk::RGBPixel<
unsigned char> > >::GenerateOutputInformation(void)"
File:
d:\new2\insighttoolkit-4.2.0\insighttoolkit-4.2.0\modules\io\imagebase\inc
lude\itkImageFileReader.hxx
Line: 143
D:\To_SMK\VHPAbdomen%o3d.mhd
The file doesn't exist.
Filename = D:\To_SMK\VHPAbdomen%o3d.mhd

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkRGBPixel.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
#include <string>
using namespace std;

// Software Guide : EndCodeSnippet

 int main(  int argc,  char argv[])
 {
typedef unsigned char                       PixelType;
const unsigned int   Dimension = 3;

typedef itk::RGBPixel<PixelType>           RGBPixelType;

typedef itk::Image< RGBPixelType, Dimension>  ImageType;

typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType >   ReaderType;
typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType >  WriterType;

reader->SetFileName( "D:\\To_SMK\\VHPAbdomen%o3d.mhd" );

typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType > WriterType;
WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
writer->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );
writer->SetFileName( "output.vtk");

try
{
    writer->Update();
}
catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excp )
{
    std::cerr << "Error reading the series " << std::endl;
    std::cerr << excp << std::endl;
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

return 0;