[Insight-users] Compilation error when compiling with qmake

Rajon,Didier Alain didier at ufl.edu
Fri Sep 21 10:51:06 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have been using ITK 3.20 but I would like to switch to ITK 4.2.
I installed ITK 4.2 on my linux (openSuse Version 11.2) machine. It all went well, even the tests and examples.
Then, I tried a simple program, as simple as:

#include "itkImage.h
int main()
{ return(0); }

If I compile this program with cmake, everything is ok.
But I want to use qmake (because my whole application is based on Qt).
When I use qmake to compile the same program, I get the following compilation errors:

.../ITK-4.2.0/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/vcl/config.win32/vcl_config_manual.h:9: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
.../ITK-4.2.0/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/vcl/emulation/vcl_limits.h:199: error: 'vcl_float_round_style' does not name a type.
.../ITK-4.2.0/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/vcl/emulation/vcl_limits.h:205: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'class'

I suspect that I need to define some variables for the compiler but I do not know which ones.
I am also confused that the first error above mentions 'config.win32', since I am on linux.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks,

Didier.

Didier Rajon
Neurosurgery Department
University of Florida
L2-100 MBI
PO Box 100265
Gainesville, FL, 32610
USA
Tel (1) 352 273 6987
Fax (1) 352 392 8413

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or their authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting the email immediately.