[Insight-users] Trouble installing ITK 4.3.1 with VS2010 on windows 64

maverik maverikhardcoded at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 06:36:47 EDT 2013

Hi all.... I am new to the structure of ITK and I am facing this problem of
building ITK with CMAKE. steps I have done are...
1.) downloaded ITK and used CMAKE with VS2010 on 64bit windows
2.) libraries are successfully generated but the bin folder only consists of
.exe not any .dlls (generaly the bin folder consists of .dlls ..I am
speaking from my previous knowledge of building OpenCV with CMAKE). Have I
done something wrong?
 3.) I wrote a simple hello world program in C++ by including the itkImage.h
header file and itk namespace. Compile error came that itkConfigure.h is
missing. I found the itkConfigure.h header in the modules->core->common->src
directory of the build folder(target folder for bin in CMAKE).I copied and
pasted it in the include directory of the modules->core->common->include of
the source directory(source of the CMAKE ).
4.) Now again it shows an error of vcl_limits.h not found....the
itkConfigure.h was called by the itkMacro.h and the vcl_limits.h is calle
dby the itkNumericTraits.h
5.) the hello world example only shhows to include itkImage.h as the
header...are othe heaers required? Please help...thanx..