[Insight-users] Building ITK 4.3.1 on Windows x86 for Windows x64 with Visual C++ 2010

Sergiy Tkachuk sergtk.job at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:42:35 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I have built ITK 4.3.1 on Windows Vista 32 for Windows 64.

I run CMake for this , selected configuration " Visual Studio 10 Win64".

Then I opened ITK.sln in Visual Studio 2010 on Win32.
All projects were build successfully except projects:

* itksysEncodeExecutable

* itsysProcessFwd9x

* H5detect

* H5make_libsettings

It looks like like outputs of these projects are run during build process.
Since that output are x64, they can not be run on Win32.

To workaround this I build ITK 4.3.1 for Win32 first.
Then I
unloadeditksysEncodeExecutable,itsysProcessFwd9x,H5detect,H5make_libsettingsin
ITK.sln for Win64 and copied 32-bit versions of mentioned projects to
ITK.sln outputs for Win64.
It looks like it works fine.

Since I tested on small project only which uses ITK, I would like to ask:
Is such workaround is ok, or does it contain some hidden pitfalls and
x64 binaries should be compiled in other way on win32?

Thanks in advance,

--
Best wishes,
Sergiy Tkachuk