[Insight-users] Spatial objects in ITK

Oscar Esteban oesteban at die.upm.es
Wed Apr 24 06:24:48 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I need to throw a couple of questions about spatial objects:

1. Is it possible to find the *relative complement* of one spatial object
in another (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Venn0100.svg).

2. If so, would the method IsInside() correctly work even if the result is
not connected or is not convex?

My problem is as follows: I read a freesurfer's mesh of the white matter,
and I want to remove the CSF part. For this, I would compute the relative
complement of the CSF in the WM. Afterwards, I would need to check if
certain points are inside the mesh.

Of course, I could use the binary mask from freesurfer, but that would add
an extra input to my application, that I'd like to avoid when possible.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,
Oscar Esteban

*Oscar Esteban*
PhD Student / Researcher

Biomedical Image Technologies (BIT), UPM
ETSI Telecomunicación Lab. C203, Av. Complutense s/n - E-28040 Madrid
(Spain)
+34 915 495 700 ext.4234

Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS5), EPFL-STI-IEL-LTS5
ELD 224 (Bâtiment ELD), Station 11, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland