[Insight-users] Extract 2D slice put back as 3D correct orientation

Emma Saunders emmasaunders123 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:46:52 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with what I should imagine should be quite simple.  I
extract a slice from a 3D volume [128,128,128] along it's first dimension,
thus setting the size[0]=0;

I would like to then put this back into the 3D volume but the orientation
is incorrect when using cast Image filter to load back as a 3D as it only
saves it as a transaxial slice in the volume, not a sagittal.  I have
attempted re-orienting the direction cosines of the images but this just
laves me with an image with a different orientation, what I would like is
to somehow switch the pixel values in a given dimensions from [1 128 128]
to [128 128 1]?

Any help appreciated?

Kind regards

Emma