[Insight-users] Mode of the distribution of local variance

Cedric Lazard cedlaz83 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 7 11:29:51 EDT 2013

Hi guys,
I am new of ITK and I have a question. I am trying to develop a filter for reducing noise from MRI and CT images  and in particular at the moment I am thinking about a method to find a proper estimator for the power of noise. As a starting point I am supposing to have a an additive Gaussian noise so I was thinking to use the mode of the distribution of local variance as an estimator. Therefore, I was wondering if there is some filter in ITK already doing that, or if you have any example I could follow to do that.
Many thanks in advance for your help,
Cedric