[Insight-users] How to build ITK4.4.0 wrappers to use it with Windows Forms

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 06:51:02 EDT 2013

Hi D Jayachandra,

1) To build SimpleITK, please follow the instructions here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Build_It_Yourself
I recommend using SuperBuild as that will download and build SWIG automatically.

Do you need to build SimpleITK from source? Have you tried the
pre-built .NET binaries?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.6.1/CSharp/SimpleITK-0.6.1.post2-CSharp-win32-x86.zip/download

2) ManagedITK is not part of ITK, but a sub-project. This project has
been abandoned and I do NOT recommend using it. For reference you can
find the source-code here: https://code.google.com/p/manageditk/

3) As specified in the link to the previous mailing list entry, the
wiki has a step-by-step example showing how to call native C++ ITK
from managed code (e.g. C#) using the P/Invoke option:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Using_ITK_from_.NET

I really recommend option 1 (especially using the pre-built binaries)
as this is the fastest and easiest option.

Good luck.

Regards, Dan