[Insight-users] MattMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4 + BSplineTransform

Sureerat Reaungamornrat sureerat.r at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:42:59 EDT 2013

Dear ITK,

   I am thinking of moving to registration v4 in ITK since there are a lot
of nice features.
However, I am currently use MattMutualInformationImageToImageMetric with
B-Spline transformation. I read the
MattMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4 and it says that
this class has not supported local-support transforms yet.

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4.html

Would this mean the class have not  supported B-Spline transformation? I
did a simple registration test using the following class

MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4
BSplineTransform
GradientDescentOptimizerv4

  It seemed to register the images but very slow. The slowness could be
because of my parameter
setting. I am looking into it but if anyone have any suggestions, please
let me know.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Sureerat