[Insight-users] Image Intensities Changed During DICOM Read-Write-Read in ITK 3.20 vs. ITK 4.4.1

LiviaBarazzetti barazzetti.livia at yahoo.it
Tue Aug 13 10:27:36 EDT 2013

Hello,

could it be that the original data has  Rescale Intercept (0028,1052) and
Rescale slope (0028,1052) different from 0 and 1? I had problems with data
which had a non integer value of rescale slope: the data was read correctly
(the correct rescale slope was applied), but then it could not be written as
dicom again with the original rescale slope but only with rescale slope=1 ,
so the pixel value changed.
In my case, anyway, the intensity of the resulting image was correct after
being read as a dicom (the correct rescale was applied again)

Best
Livia