[Insight-users] compute an abs. and rel. distance-field image based on a start front, an obstacle image and a finish front

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Mon Aug 19 06:34:38 EDT 2013

On 16/08/13 15:00, Dr. Roman Grothausmann wrote:
> In a second step I'd like to normalize the absolute distance field image of the
> previous result. For that I want to supply a third binary image. The
> normalization should be done in a way that the abs. distance field image is
> adjusted such that it contains relative distance, i.e. between 0 and 1. The
> values of the abs. distance field should be adjusted such that the pixels of the
> shortest paths from any of the pixels making up the propagation start front to
> the finish front (contained in the third binary image) should linearly increase
> from 0 to 1. I'm not sure if this can be done because possibly the solution is
> not well/uniquely defined.

After thinking a bit, it seems to me that it is a well defined problem and the
solution would be to compute an absolute distance field image as in the first
step but with the third binary image and the mask image and finally dividing the
result by the sum of the output and the result of the first run.

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574