[Insight-users] Problems with ReadUnknownImageType and with tiff images

Françoise LEFEBVRE lefebvre at imnc.in2p3.fr
Thu Feb 7 12:23:33 EST 2013

Hi,

I am working with MSVC2010, ITK4.3 and QT5.0.1 and I've got two issues
regarding the reading of images  :

1. The following code is extracted from
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/ReadUnknownImageType makes the
program crashed on the fourth line :

/  std::string inputFilename = "vtk.png";//
//  typedef itk::ImageIOBase::IOComponentType ScalarPixelType;//
//  itk::ImageIOBase::Pointer imageIO =
itk::ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO(inputFilename.c_str(),
itk::ImageIOFactory::ReadMode);//
//  imageIO->SetFileName(inputFilename);//
//  imageIO->ReadImageInformation();/

The image file exists in the current directory, and the result is the
same with a .jpeg or .png file.

2. When including the file "itkTIFFImageIO.h"
/#include <itkTIFFImageIO.h>/
the project does not compile because of the following error :

c:\appli\itk\include\itk-4.3\itktiff\tiff.h(31): fatal error C1083:
unable to open include : 'tif_config.h' : No such file or directory

Indeed the file tif_config.h is not in the
"(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)\include\itk-4.3\itktif"  directory whereas the
installation seemed to be OK. I don't have any problem with png or jpeg
files.

Thank you for your help

Françoise L.