[Insight-users] [Announcement] SimpleITK 0.6.0 Release Candidate 2

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Feb 4 11:03:50 EST 2013

Hello,

We are happy to announce the SimpleITK 0.6 Release Candidate 2. As it is planned to make the 0.6 final packages at the end of the week, prompt feed back is requested if major issues are encountered.

For this release candidate binary built distributions are available for languages and platforms we have been supporting for releases. They are available for download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.6rc2/

To installed in Python the correct egg needs to be manually downloaded for Source Forge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.6rc2/

The egg should be installed with easy_install.

The release candidate is available as a tag in the git repository or a bundle on SourceForge. To obtain the source code via git:

git clone --recursive http://itk.org/SimpleITK.git
cd SimpleITK

More information on building SimpleITK can be found here:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Build_It_Yourself

The current Doxygen is available here:
http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/annotated.html

Notable Improvements:
* Set/GetPixel now support vectors, and complex pixel types
* Various build and Superbuild improvements
* For VS8 stdint.h in does not have to be separately downloaded
* Experimental support for Python Multi-threading, by defining SimpleITK_PYTHON_THREADS in CMake

Important Notes:

* The R wrapping is currently not usable due to some issues in SWIG. We hope to be able to patch SWIG and then patch SimpleITK with the changes.

Enjoy!
Bradley Lowekamp