[Insight-users] [ITK] [GDCM] GDCM 2.x and ITK 3.x issues in nighlty builds

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Fri Feb 15 06:04:30 EST 2013

Hi there,
I am having some issues concerning the GDCM version ITK is using for some
nightly builds we have.

The thing is that some of the examples we have need GDCM 2.x. For local
compilation purposes, we are using ITK 4.x, or either we have set the ITK
CMake to an external GDCM 2.x with the ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM flag.

However, we are using ITK 3.x for some of the automatic compilations. And
we would like to keep the default GDCM versions.

Thus, the examples that need GDCM 2.x fail to compile in our nightly bulds.

I guess setting a #if GDCM_MAJOR_VERSION >= 2 #endif guard in all files of
these examples is not a smart solution.

The solution would be to explicit in the examples' CMakeLists to compile
the examples' only if GDCM_MAJOR_VERSION >= 2. However, AFAIK ITK does not
propagate the GDCM version, and thus, we have no way to know which GDCM
version is using ITK in some project using ITK.

Am I missing something or is there any workaround?

Thanks,
JON HAITZ