[Insight-users] QTcreator and Intellisense with ITK

Shery shireen.youssef at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:08:03 EST 2013

Hi,

I am having problems with intellisense and code auto-completion with ITK
when I am using QTcreator. For example,

 typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >         ImageType;
 ImageType::Pointer  img;

then when I type img->, nothing appears indicating the member functions of
this variable. Noting that intellisense is working with qt-related functions
and with itk::.

Then I made it (half-way), the problem was that intellisense can't see
through typedefs ... But the new problem now is that intellisense cannot see
through smart-pointers.

so if I have itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >::Pointer img;

img-> will give the methods for the smart point not itk Image class.

if I do itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension > img: intellisense can find the
methods for this class.

Now the question becomes, how would intellisense see through smart pointer
?!!! I hope someone would help me ...

thanks
Shery