[Insight-users] vnl_math namespace issue in building ITK 4 with vxl 1.17

Huang, Dayu (GE Global Research) huang at ge.com
Thu Feb 21 11:45:10 EST 2013

I am trying to build ITK4 using an "outside"  vxl 1.17, i.e.,  ITK_USE_SYSTEM_VXL is ON.
I run into the problem that vxl 1.17 is using a namespace for vnl_math, while ITK4 still looks for vnl_math_abs, vnl_math_max, etc

My question is, which option can I set in Cmake in order to build itk with an outside vxl 1.17?

I set VNL_CONFIG_LEGACY_METHODS ON, but it does not seem to work. I found out that VNL_CONFIG_LEGACY_METHODS is used in vnl_math.h in my "outside" vxl source. However, is itk using that header file?

Thanks a lot for your help.

dayu