[Insight-users] why does CorrelationCoefficient metric run so slowly?

Wenwu cool.wenwu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:36:11 EST 2013

Dear all,

Now I try to use coorelation coefficient
(itk::CorrelationCoefficientHistogramImageToImageMetric) as a simularity
metric in non rigid registration. The image size is: 510*416*81.
The program is compiled in 64 bits and release mode. So I think the program
should run fast.  But in fact, it cost more than one hour for only 100
iterations in rigid registration part.
The optimizer I adopt is itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer.
For the same registration framework, I use the Mattes MI metric to test,
the program runs very fast.

So could anyone give some kind suggestion?

Thank you very much!

--
Wenwu Zhu
IRCAD