[Insight-users] Installation problem

Xue, Dahai dahai_xue at merck.com
Thu Jan 10 11:08:33 EST 2013

Hi there,

I am installing the newest ITK 4.3 to my workstation but keep failing. I wonder if anybody can tell me what is the problem.

Machine: Dual Core AMD64 Operan (from HP, xw9400 workstation), 40GB RAM
OS: Microsoft Window XP professional x64 Edition, Version 2003 Service Pack 2
Compiler: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional, Version 9.0.x, MS .NET Framework Version 3.5 SP1

CMake 2.8 (latest download)
ITK 4.3.1 (latest zip download)

I chose mostly the default options for CMake except selected Release Mode.

During compilation, there are many many repeated error message reads like this:
.... : error C2653: 'std' : is not a class or namespace name
.... : error C2868: 'size_t' : illegal syntax for using-declaration; expected qualified name

.... : error C2039: 'ptrdiff_t' : is not a member of 'std'
.... : error C2873: 'ptrdiff_t' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration

The system compiles 64 bit applications fine, and it worked a few years ago for ITK 3.x. I searched for ptrdiff_t, and could not find it in my VS system. Is this a new function that is not available? Can we turn it off?

Thank you very much.
Dahai Xue

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.