[Insight-users] Tool for converting 2D images to 3D volume

Kulplex kulplex at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:51:42 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have been searching quite a bit and now I realized I should seek some
support.
My goal is to find a tool for converting 2D images (tiff, jpg or else) to a
3D volume (VTK supported format). I found quite some threads and also a guy
posting what seemed to be exactly what I was looking for
https://sites.google.com/site/pierrefillard/coding-blog/createa3dvolumefromseveral2dimages.
In fact, I was amazed and extremely happy; sadly, the SVN URL provided on
the website doesn't work, for whatever reason.
So now I am back from the start.

I was wondering if someone of you had, or knew where to find, a program
(console) that either gets a list of images or the folder they are in and
creates a 3D volume out of it. The program presented in the link above was
actually really cool, for the fact that it could also convert 3D images to
4D ones.

Regards,

N.