[Insight-users] Find the dimensions of an image without loading the pixels

Cyrille Faucheux cyrille.faucheux at etu.univ-tours.fr
Fri Jan 18 06:22:48 EST 2013

Hi,

Is there a way to obtain the dimensions of an image without loading the pixels ?

I have an algorithm that creates a data structure based on the dimensions of a grid-like object(which in my case happens to be an image). Another algorithm will fill it based on the pixels features, but it's in an independent piece of code, and I can't share the itk::Image object between them.

I'm trying to wrap them both, but I want to avoid loading the image twice (since I can't share the itk::Image between the two algorithm). Therefore, is there a way to find the dimensions of an image without loading the whole image ? Or what is the quickest/most efficient way to obtain the dimensions of an image ?

Thanks in advance.
Cyrille