[Insight-users] Question series UID

Bereciartua Perez, Aranzazu aranzazu.bereciartua at tecnalia.com
Mon Jan 21 08:17:00 EST 2013

Dear ITK users,
I have a problem and I cannot discover what is happening.

I had ITK 3.20 installed, and with this code:
bool ImportFromDICOM(std::string Directorio)
       {
             Cerrar();

             typedef itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames NamesGeneratorType;
             const NamesGeneratorType::Pointer nameGenerator = NamesGeneratorType::New();

             // Hay que llamarlo antes de definir el directorio
             nameGenerator->SetUseSeriesDetails(true );//para ver cuando algunas series tiene otras anidadas
             nameGenerator->SetLoadPrivateTags(true);
             nameGenerator->AddSeriesRestriction("0020|0012");
             nameGenerator->AddSeriesRestriction("0018|0086");
             nameGenerator->SetDirectory( Directorio );
             //nameGenerator->AddSeriesRestriction("0008|0021");

             // se busca en el directorio especificado
             typedef std::vector< std::string >    SeriesIdContainer;

             const SeriesIdContainer & seriesUID = nameGenerator->GetSeriesUIDs();

my colleague could retrieve 9 series back from my files.
Now, I moved to ITK4.2.1, and I only obtain 6. I have tried to move to my previous version but I do not get those series. Maybe it is a problem with the tags of restriction? Which is the problem? Can any of you tell me to which these tags correspond? My colleague is no longer in the company.

Thank you very much in advance,