[Insight-users] Some Questions About the virtual domain in the ImageToimageMetricv4

Champ Frédéric champ at unistra.fr
Thu Jan 24 03:32:58 EST 2013

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reponse.

I asked this question about the virtual domin because I'm trying to
registrer a 3D volume  M, on a slice of an other 3D volume F, e.g a 3D
image with size[2]=1
I use the Mattes Mutual Information because it's the one that gives the
most accurate results in my case.
But, it always return an error message because I never fulfill this
condition in itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4.hxx :

        /  if( this->GetNumberOfValidPoints() < numberOfPoints / 16 )
             {
             itkExceptionMacro("Too many samples map outside moving
        image buffer. There are only "
        << this->m_NumberOfValidPoints << " valid points out of "
        << numberOfPoints << " total points. The images do not
        sufficiently "
                               "overlap. They need to be initialized to
        have more overlap before this "
                               "metric will work. For instance, you can
        align the image centers by translation."
        << std::endl);
             }/

M size is 42*42*21 = 37044 points and 37044 / 16 =  2 315,25 but F size
is only 42*42*1 = 1764 points.

With the old registration framework this registration was possible but
not thread safe...

Is there another way to perform a slice by slice registration with the
framework v4 ?

Thanks a lot,

Fred