[Insight-users] Python wrapping

Uday Kurkure ukurkure at uh.edu
Sun Jan 27 20:12:23 EST 2013

Hi all,

I was able to compile ITK without any issues (without enabling the wrapping).

However, I am getting the following error when I enable wrapping for python:

[ 21%] Built target swig
[ 21%] Built target copy_python_files
[ 21%] Built target copy_python_extras_files
[ 21%] Built target ITKPyBaseGccXML
[ 21%] Built target ITKPyBaseIdx
[ 21%] Built target ITKPyBaseSwig
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `swig', needed by
`Wrapping/Generators/Python/PyBase/pyBasePython.cpp'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [Wrapping/Generators/Python/PyBase/CMakeFiles/ITKPyBasePython.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am a newbie in python (and swig). So, any help is welcome.

Thanks,

- Uday