[Insight-users] itk setup problems in Ubuntu QtCreator

Alessandro notinmyhead at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 02:25:50 EDT 2013

Hello,

it means that static libraries need to follow internal symbols. As instance, given two libraries libA and libB, where some symbols in libB are from libA, you need to link them in the exact order: libA first and libB as second. And you do that by specifying at compilation time in that order.

Since it's not simple to know the ITK libraries order (maybe someone how read this can make me wrong), CMake do this for you. So instead of a QTCreator Project you need a CMake (CMakeList.txt). The CMake core create the linking order for you. Some suggests to use Qt Creator opening a CMake project but I personally disagreed with that: you lost most of IDE facilities....

Hope this help...
Ale