[Insight-users] CMake reports error for ITK 4.4 with JAVA wrapper enabled

Mathew Guilfoyle mrguilfoyle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:38:16 EDT 2013

Jerry - did you get this working?

The JAVA_JVM_LIBRARY error is straightforward to sort out by manually
pointing Cmake to (in my case) C:/Program
Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_25/lib/jvm.lib (you'll need to click on the 'Advanced'
check box to show the JAVA_JVM_LIBRARY variable in the cache window.

However, for me a least this does not solve  this error:
1> CMake Error at Wrapping/Generators/Java/CMakeLists.txt:39 (list):
1>    list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires list to be present.

Looking in the CMakeLists.txt file that's mentioned in the error there is a
'TODO' comment around this statement so I presume it is incomplete in some
way?

Is this a fatal error?  Can I build ITK with Java wrapper successfully
despite this?

I have generated the build and then opened the solution in VS 2012 but it
has not gone past 'Testing Build...' in over 2 hours...

Thanks
Mat