[Insight-users] Doubts:LabelMap and LabelObject

Antonio Calabrese calantoanto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 12:55:48 EDT 2013

Hi,
I think that this question is very stupid, but i'm encountering some issues
which led me to have some doubts.
I have understand that the LabelMap is a sort of container, where are stored
a background value (ex. 0) and a series of LabelObjects.
So, if i use a method GetNumberOfLabelObjects(), this return me the number
of labels object in the LabelMap   without counting the background, that is
not considered an object.

Now, after some process on this LabelMap, it has also the background as an
object.
Is it possible that this issue is, for example,
RelabelComponentImageFilter's fault?

if i create a labelMap (for ex with:LabelImageToStatisticsLabelMapFilter)
from the RelabelComponentImageFilter's output, shouldn't I fix the issue?

Second Question:
If a have an object with a hole, became this hole an other labelobject?
So, if i use a method GetNumberOfLabelObjects(), this return me 2 (one for
the object and one for the hole) or am i wrong?