[Insight-users] Error Building ITK4.4.0 (ITKVtkGlue)

Insatiable Insatiable insatiable03 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 08:48:42 EDT 2013

I am using Windows 8 x64, Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, cmake 2.8.11.1.

I am trying to build ITK 4.4.0 (with Module_ITKVtkGlue and Fetch_SCIFIO set
to "ON"). All other options are unchanged. I extract ITK files to
"D:\InsightToolkit-4.4.0" and set the build folder to
"D:\InsightToolkit-4.4.0\Build". Then i use cmake to generate the solution
files without any problem. Then i open solution file in Visual Studio,
change configuration to "Release" and select the "ALL_BUILD" project and
select "Build". After an hour or so, it shows
"========== Build: 460 succeeded, 276 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
==========".
If i scroll up, i find the following error countless times
"LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'..\..\lib\Release\ITKVtkGlue-4.4.lib'".

There is no "ITKVtkGlue-4.4.lib" in
"P:\InsightToolkit-4.4.0\Build\lib\Release". I can not figure out why it is
not being built, if anyone has any clue what might be causing this issue or
how to resolve it that would be great.

How i built VTK:
I extracted VTK source files to "D:/VTK6.0.0" and set its build folder to
"D:/VTK6.0.0/Build" and built it without any problem. I have set the
following path variables
1. VTK_DIR = D:\VTK6.0.0
2. I have added "%VTK_DIR%\Build\bin\Release" to system PATH variable

I am using Fetch_SCIFIO because i need to read ".ome.tiff" and ".czi" files
and ITKVtkGlue so that i can view the images once they are read.