[Insight-users] Fwd: Dicom tag information for new image

Renske de Boer r.deboer at quantib.com
Mon Jul 22 07:51:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to write a newly created image as dicom series. There is no
input image to copy the GDCMImageIO or MetaDataDictionary from. The image
is a simple 3D label image of datatype short.

I followed the ITK software guide for writing an image as dicom series. It
writes the dicom files, but the dicom tag information is, of course, not
properly set. When viewing the image with a dicom viewer, the viewer does
not know that these dicom files are in the same set and it shows them as
separate studies.

Is it possible to create the relevant dicom tag information from scratch?
Can I somehow set only the relevant dicom tags?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Best,
Renske