[Insight-users] DICOM writer loses slice spacing

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 03:44:17 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

I want to convert a nifti file into a dicom file (single 3D .dcm file, not
a series). For this I modified ImageReadWrite example (int dimension=3).
However, the converted file loses inter-slice spacing information (1.2 gets
changed into 1.0). The command I use is:
ImageReadWrite.exe example.mha example.dcm

Converting into MetaImage works as expected (spacing preserved):
ImageReadWrite.exe example.mha example.mha

Is this a bug in DICOM writer or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Dženan