[Insight-users] Duplicate symbols from OpenJPEG with system GDCM and ITK 4.4

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jul 24 05:40:55 EDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to build an application (http://vv.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/) under
MacOS with system GDCM (latest version from git) and ITK 4.4. At link time,
I get duplicate symbol errors because itk and gdcm both compile openjpeg,
for example :

duplicate symbol _j2k_convert_progression_order in:
    /Users/srit/src/itk4/mac64/lib/libitkopenjpeg-4.4.a(j2k.c.o)
    /Users/srit/src/gdcm/mac64-install/lib/libgdcmopenjpeg.a(j2k.c.o)

I did not find an easy way to fix this. Is there a way to disable the build
of OpenJPEG when gdcm system is used? No matter what I do, the module
ITKOpenJPEG is built when ITK IOs are built...
Thanks in advance,
Simon