[Insight-users] Geodesic Active Contour giving negative levelset both inside and outside of vessel and padded boundary

liza lizashr at outlook.com
Fri Jun 21 11:16:24 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I am trying to segment vessel with aneurysm using Geodesic Active Contour Level Set filter. My vessel doesn't have closed ends but it runs until the end of image. I've tried putting seeds well within the vessel. I have set the stopping value in fastmarching to be twice the seed radius. Since the radius of the vessel is not constant as it has aneurysm, I am not sure how small or large the stopping value should be. If I set the radius to be less than 1 then the resulting image is looks like the object that I want to segment as the aneurysm is captured well but the arteries very tiny. If I increase the size of the seed to be greater than 1 then I do get the entire object, however, I get negative levelset values both inside of aneurysm as well as outside and the boundaries are padded to positive value. I wonder if it because I increased the radius size. I have set advection and curvature scaling to 1 and have increased propagation scaling to 50.
Has anyone encountered such issue before?

I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Liza

-----
Liza