[Insight-users] ImageFilerWriter not accepting suffixs nrrd, png, jpg

Karl Diedrich karl.diedrich at azeresearch.com
Sun Jun 23 21:36:13 EDT 2013

To register the i/o factories we registered them in source code:

#include "itkNrrdImageIOFactory.h"
itk::NrrdImageIOFactory::RegisterOneFactory();
typedef itk::Image<TYPE, DIM> ImageType;

  typedef itk::ImageFileReader< ImageType > ReaderType;

  typename ReaderType::Pointer reader = ReaderType::New();

  reader->SetFileName(fileName);

  reader->Update();

  typename ImageType::Pointer image = reader->GetOutput();

This worked for the reader but still failed when we tried to write a NRRD file.

Karl Diedrich, Ph.D.
Principal Engineer
AZE Technology
1 Broadway, 14th floor