[Insight-users] unable to read DICOM series using ITK

Rabia Haq rhaqx001 at odu.edu
Mon Jun 24 17:10:15 EDT 2013

Hello itk-users,

I recently acquired some reformatted DICOM series that I am unable to read
using ITK. The itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames pointer (from
DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx example) is stuck in an infinite loop while
trying to read the filenames from the input directory.

I have tried to use the dcmconv (
http://support.dcmtk.org/docs-dcmrt/dcmconv.html) utility to convert the
image format without success. I received the following warning: unknown
Version of MetaHeader detected: 0x0101 supported: 0x0101. The generated
output file with an altered header still could not be read by ITK.

How can I print the dicom file meta-header information, and successfully
read the series using ITK?

Thanks and regards,

Rabia Haq