[Insight-users] Problem using SimpleITK

Shireen Elhabian shireen.youssef at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 17:01:29 EST 2013

Hi,

I have built SimpleITK using SuperBuild as recommended. There is not
make install rule for SimpleITK and I also updated LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Now I am trying to use it in my c++ projects (using cmake), but I am
getting the following error, please tell me what I am missing here please

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:13 (FIND_PACKAGE):
  By not providing "FindSimpleITK.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "SimpleITK", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "SimpleITK" with
  any of the following names:

    SimpleITKConfig.cmake
    simpleitk-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "SimpleITK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "SimpleITK_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "SimpleITK" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
  been installed.