[Insight-users] Problem using SimpleITK

Shireen Elhabian shireen.youssef at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 21:49:25 EST 2013

Thanks for your reply ... would you mind telling me how to set simpleitk
dir variable in my cmake file... I am using qtcreator with plain cmake list
... I already set up cmake module path variable with this directory that
you mentioned but with no success .

.I am now rebuilding simple itk with the default setting where there is no
shared libraries

Another question ... the cmake install prefix path is set by default to my
build directory ... should I change this to something related to usr/local
directory ... also I have already built and installed the latest version of
itk .. does this affect or change anything in simpleitk building ...

Thanks and I hope you can help me figure out how to solve this .. I have
been struggling with it all day long with no hope

Thanks
Shireen
On Saturday, March 9, 2013, Bradley Lowekamp <blowekamp at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The quick answer is in your project's configuration set the CMake
variable "SimpleITK_DIR" to
"/PathToYouSimpleITKSuperbuid/lib/cmake/SimpleITK-0.6". This path should
contain the SimpleITKConfig.cmake file and a couple other SimpleITK files.
Alternatively, You should also be able to point this variable to the actual
SimpleITK sub-build which would be
 "/PathToYouSimpleITKSuperbuid/SimpleITK-build".

> Regarding the installation. The way Superbuilds install is a little
different than expected. In short it happens during the Superbuild process.
If you configure the "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX" to the path you want ITK and
SimpleITK installed, they will be installed during the superbuild.

> The install only installs the C++ headers and libraries and not any of
the Wrapped languages. Most of the wrapped languages have their own way to
do things and configure modules, so that is not done by default.

> Lastly, because you said you needed to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH it sounds
like you choose to use shared libraries? This adds a bit of complexity to
things, so unless there is a good reason I would not recommend to it get
started with.

> Brad
>

> On Mar 9, 2013, at 5:01 PM, Shireen Elhabian <shireen.youssef at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have built SimpleITK using SuperBuild as recommended. There is not
>> make install rule for SimpleITK and I also updated LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>>
>> Now I am trying to use it in my c++ projects (using cmake), but I am
>> getting the following error, please tell me what I am missing here please
>>
>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:13 (FIND_PACKAGE):
>>  By not providing "FindSimpleITK.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
>>  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
>>  "SimpleITK", but CMake did not find one.
>>
>>  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "SimpleITK" with
>>  any of the following names:
>>
>>    SimpleITKConfig.cmake
>>    simpleitk-config.cmake
>>
>>  Add the installation prefix of "SimpleITK" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>>  "SimpleITK_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
>>  "SimpleITK" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
has
>>  been installed.
>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ