[Insight-users] Mattes Mutual Information implementation

Tim Allman dr.tim.allman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:39:01 EDT 2013

Now I'm confused. What is the difference between the two?

The comment at the top of
itkJointHistogramMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4.h indicates that
this is the Mattes et al method. However, the reference predates the
Mattes paper by three years. (By the way the class name is wrong in the
comment so it doesn't show up in the doxygen document. I have edited the
comment.)

/** \class JointHistogramMutualInformationImageToImageMetric
  * \brief Computes the mutual information between two images to be
  * registered using the method of Mattes et al.
  *