[Insight-users] Mask, weight, ignore or reduce DOF in a registration process

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Mon May 6 10:05:52 EDT 2013

hi

yes - it is possible within the v4 registration framework.

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ObjectToObjectOptimizerBase.html

SetWeights()<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ObjectToObjectOptimizerBase.html#abc8e029387fef0d851dbf8cb0ec075e0>
allows
setting of a per-local-parameter weighting array. If unset, the weights are
treated as identity. Weights are multiplied by the gradient at the same
time scaling is applied. Weights are different than scales, and may be
used, for example, to easily mask out a particular parameter during
optimzation to hold it constant. Or they may be used to apply another kind
of prior knowledge.

there is an example in :

ITKv4/Modules/Numerics/Optimizersv4/test/itkGradientDescentOptimizerv4Test.cxx:
 itkOptimizer->SetWeights( weights );

brian