[Insight-users] crop tool with ITK VTK Qt

Cary lorey developement.unity at gmail.com
Fri May 10 08:17:36 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to read a DICOM series with ITK and display with VTK in
QVTKWidget, so I want to build a tool with Qt  that allows  to make a crop
(such as crop tool in photoshop), this tool lets you select a region on the
first image of the series then apply the dimensions of the selection of all
images in the DICOM series.

First, I tested a sample crop without Qt in this link:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/CropImageFilter

  I also tested a sample program that supports drawing a rectangle on an
image using vtkBorderWidget<http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.2/html/a00120.html>
even
without Qt:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Widgets/Testing/Cxx/TestBorderWidget.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

I want to know is that
vtkBorderWidget<http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.2/html/a00120.html>
is
a good method for a selection tool, or there is another way to select an
area by a rectangle through the manipulation of the mouse?

if the method of
vtkBorderWidget<http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.2/html/a00120.html>
is
good, how can I keep only the area that I had selected?(as  crop tool in
photoshop).

I hope  that my problem is clear. thank you in advance.