[Insight-users] multi threading with processing limited to voxels in a mask

Soren Christensen sorench at gmail.com
Thu May 16 02:37:21 EDT 2013

Hi,
 I have an ImageToImageFilter subclass that currently is multithreaded by
being split into equally sized regions (default behaviour). Only voxels
inside a mask (2nd input) are processed in each thread. When I run the
filter, some threads finish executing much quicker than others, because the
number of pixels inside the mask differs in each subregion. Ideally each
thread would process and equal number of voxels.
How can I achieve this?  Is there an existing filter that can be subclassed
for this purpose or should I I parallize a loop running over the mask
indices manually?  If so, what should I be looking at for parallizing on
Linux?

Thanks
Soren