[Insight-users] itkVectorContainer and itkimageMaskSpatialObject

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Thu May 16 12:18:31 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in storing a number of itkImageMaskSpatial objects into a
vector like structure, so that I can iterator through them. I thought that
itkVectorContainer was the correct way to do this. however I can't seem to
get it to compile. for instance the following example won't compile

#include <itkVectorContainer.h>
#include <itkImageMaskSpatialObject.h>

int main(int, char*[])
{
  typedef itk::ImageMaskSpatialObject<3>                      ImageMaskType;
  typedef itk::VectorContainer<int, ImageMaskType>
 MaskContainerType;

  MaskContainerType::Pointer masks = MaskContainerType::New();
  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

The error seems to boil down to this...

/opt/ITK/InsightToolkit-4.2.0/Modules/Core/SpatialObjects/include/itkImageMaskSpatialObject.hxx:37:
error: ‘itk::ImageMaskSpatialObject<TDimension>::~ImageMaskSpatialObject()
[with unsigned int TDimension = 3u]’ is protected

My question is should i just use another vector like object to hold my
ImageMasks?

-Thanks.
Luke