[Insight-users] Misregistration output difference between ITK 4.2 and 4.4

Jagjeet Nain jagjeet.nain at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:45:04 EST 2013

Hi,
I was trying to run an Image Registration program which uses ITK's Mattes
Mutual Information method to compute misregistration between an image pair
and is based on ../Examples/Registration/ImageRegistration4.cxx program.
Then I linked this program with two different ITKs (3.2 & 4.4) and tried
running two executable on ~200 image pairs to find misregistration between
each pair.

I was expecting same output from two ITKs(running system is same, Linux 32
in both case) but I am bit puzzled to see that there are misregistration
differences between two ITK versions, Also these differences are not
negligible they are of the order of 0.1m in a pixel of size 3m. Attached
are misregistration results from two ITKs.

I guess somebody might have done similar comparison between different ITK
versions, what is their opinion? Are these differences expected?
If differences between two ITKs are expected, then which one is better 3.2
or 4.4?
Thanks.
Any help or pointer in this respect is well appreciated.
BR
Jagjeet