[Insight-users] Error installing ITK with Python Wrapping

DVigneault davis.vigneault at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 11:51:33 EDT 2013

All--

By following Matt's advice earlier in this thread, I was able to get through
the itk installation start-to-finish with no errors.  However, I'm having
trouble importing the module in python.  Here's what I get in the shell:

Daviss-MacBook-Pro:~ Davis$ python
Python 2.7.5 (default, May 19 2013, 13:26:46)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.1 ((tags/Apple/clang-421.11.66))] on
darwin
>>> import InsightToolkit
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
Abort trap: 6
Daviss-MacBook-Pro:~ Davis$

I also get a mac popup window that says "Python quit unexpectedly" and
offers to send a report to apple.  If the report is relevant let me know and
I'll send it, but I didn't want to clog up the post with it initially as
it's quite long.

Best, and thanks,

--Davis