[Insight-users] No output in XCode console when project built with -GXcode

DVigneault davis.vigneault at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 03:02:46 EDT 2013

All--

I'm hoping to use XCode for development.  I've followed this post:

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2009-February/028911.html

I'm using the Hello World example from the 4.4.2 source, which is I think
identical or very close to the one posted here:

https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/tree/master/Examples/Installation

This successfully created an xcode project, and when I run it it creates a
binary in bin/debug/HelloWorld that runs as expected in the terminal.  So
I'm 99.9% of the way there.

Two issues:

1.  In the "Products" folder in the Project Navigator, the HelloWorld binary
is red and XCode thinks the path to it is
/Users/Davis/Desktop/HelloWorld/bin/*build/*Debug/HelloWorld, whereas in
actuality the Debug folder is directly in the bin (there is no build
folder).
2.  When I run the code, although the binary is successfully created in the
Debug directory, no output appears in the XCode console.  Again, if I run
the binary manually in the terminal it works fine.

Any ideas?

--d