[Insight-users] ITK, Random Forests, and OpenCV

Becksfort, Jared Jared.Becksfort at STJUDE.ORG
Fri Oct 18 10:49:49 EDT 2013

Julien,

Excellent.  Thank you.

Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Malik [mailto:julien.malik at c-s.fr]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:33 AM
To: Becksfort, Jared; Matt McCormick
Cc: Insight Users
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] ITK, Random Forests, and OpenCV

Hi Jared,

You may look into what we have in Orfeo Toolbox, where we have wrapped the OpenCV machine learning framework in an ITK-compatible way [1].

There is :
- generic ListSample/CvMat conversion
- MachineLearningModel abstract class with derivated classes for each machine learning model algorithm, which can be trained from ListSample, and results can be saved to file and loaded. Once trained or loaded from file, it predicts classes from input sample.
- an I/O mechanism inspired from the ImageIO framework, capable of loading an arbitrary machine learning model file and returning a MachineLearningModel object.
- a generic classification filter working on an abstract MachineLearningModel and classifying VectorImage.

Hope this helps,
Julien

[1]
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/SoftwareGuide/SoftwareGuidech19.html#x45-29300019.3.3