[Insight-users] Cast itkImage to Matlab emxArray

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Fri Oct 18 11:36:39 EDT 2013

Hello,

The GetBufferPointer is a method, and I would try to avoid that in a tight loop.

Here is a recent implementation to efficiently copy ITK regions:
https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkImageAlgorithm.hxx#L137

We have found that std::copy is a very robust and efficient way to copy the buffers with modern compilers. It can even work when a conversion is needed.

If you have validated the buffer is continuous and is the correct type and size. I would recommend just getting the raw buffer pointer and using std::copy. It may be up  to 10-100X faster than your implementation below.