[Insight-users] ITK Python wrapper

JohnDoe peter.saponja at mmv.si
Thu Oct 24 05:55:12 EDT 2013

I have been trying to wrap ITK 4.4 into python with little success on windows
7. I managed to generate the build files by enabling BUILD_SHARED_FILES,
ITK_WRAP_Python and chaning the PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR and PYTHON_LIBRARY in
CMAKE.

I built the files with moderate success in  VS 11:
========== Build: 645 succeeded, 293 failed, 90 up-to-date, 0 skipped
==========

I'we also added the "\Wrapping\Generators\Python" path to the PythonPath
variable but when I import InsightToolkit I get the following error:

<code>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#9>", line 1, in <module>
    import InsightToolkit
  File
"C:\Users\user4\Documents\ITKBin\Wrapping\Generators\Python\InsightToolkit.py",
line 5, in <module>
    from ITKPyBase import *
  File
"C:\Users\user4\Documents\ITKBin\Wrapping\Generators\Python\ITKPyBase.py",
line 1, in <module>
    import itkBase
ImportError: No module named itkBase
</code>

It looks like I am missing itkBase.py. Does this have anything to do with
the failed messages when building? What can I do to solve this?

Thank you for the help.